Friday, July 13, 2012

Singin' in the Rain

If I had to pick a favorite musical movie it would have to be Singin' in the Rain. My heart went pitter patter the first time I saw Gene Kelly tapping his way through the rain clogged street and to this day I've got a crush on that man. The movie is 60 years old and it has recently been remastered, it was being shown at select movies theatres yesterday, unfortunately I had a previous commitment. Even my teenage daughter wanted to go see it. We'll have to settle for buying the Blu Ray version that will be released on the 17th.  I can hardly wait to get my hands on my own copy.
Here's the deets:
stamp - Mo Manning digi "Singin' in the Rain"
ink - hp printer
paper - Stampin' Up "Chocolate Chip" and "Certainly Celery" card stock; Jillibean Soup "Dutch Mustard Soup" dp
miscellaneous - copics; My Favorite Things "umbrella stamp co-ordinating die"; Stampin' Up corner punch; EK Success "Scallopey Scallop" border punch; ZVA bling (if you look closely you'll see them in between the buttons); CTMH buttons; embroidery floss; Stampin Up "Certainly Celery" ribbon; machine stitching

Here's the challenges:
Bella and Bronte #143 - Dancing and Singing
Color Q CQC#145 - Daffodil Delight, More Mustard, Chocolate Chip, Pear Pizzazz, White
Delightful - Bling and Bows
Paper Play - Music (she's singing "Singin' in the Rain"
Totally Papercrafts #125 - Lots of Layers
Ribbon Carousel RCC61 - Buttons and Bows, Oh My

Thanks for stopping by, come back soon.

11 comments:

  1. This is adorable! I LOVE the fabulous umbrella accent--the rhinestone on top is perfect!!! I hope you can come and join me at Technique Tuesday--I'd love to see your creation for this month's challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card, Chris, I love your Singing In The Rain, connection. don't you just miss those actors and actresses, really class! Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ and sharing your card and memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your colour choices and colouring with this gorgeous image.
    Thanks for joining us at Paperplay this week.
    Best wishes, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great card. love that image! thanks for joining us this week at Totally Papercrafts.
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous creation hun, just love the colours!
    It is an amazing film & I've only ever seen it once & that was about 30 years ago! So might have to get the DVD!!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Delightful Challenges this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. a very pretty image and card indeed - she's lovely and the background of hearts looks great. Thanks so much for joining us at Simon says Stamp & Show.
    Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute is this?! I love the colors and papers you've used on this card! She looks perfect as a redhead, too! Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so sweet. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is fabulous what a gorgeous card well done Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  10. How absolutely adorable! I love this Mo image...and your papers and coloring are beautiful! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Mo's! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin