Monday, January 14, 2013

Remembering the 70's

I've heard it said that if you remember the 70's you weren't there.  I understand what that means because I was there and I do remember some of it, but jeez, that's a long time ago.  Those were the peace and love days when bell bottom blue jeans had to be washed a dozen times to look like they were, no such thing as stone wash back then.  Stone wash wasn't the only thing that didn't exist yet.  Here's just a few things we didn't have: cell phones; big screen TVs; cable TV; home computers and the internet; DVDs; iPods; iPads; iAnythings.  It was a much more innocent time but everything changes, it wouldn't be long before cable was in my house, and the music industry started changing.  We went from vinyl, to CDs, Walkmen to iPods.  It just keeps changing,  and I hope I can keep up with it.
 
Here's the deets:
stamp - My Favorite Things "DG Far Out"
ink - Tuxedo "Memento Black" and My Favorite Things Color Box "Razzle Berry"
paper - Stampin' Up "Orchid Opulence" and "Crushed Curry" card stock; My Mind's Eye "Miss Caroline- Fiddlesticks" dp
miscellaneous - copics; MFT "Heart Doily" die-namic; purple waxed twine; peace sign charm; Pazzles "ticket" and "peace sign" cuts; heart brads; machine stitching
 
Here's the challenges:
My Favorite Things MFTWSC106 - sketch
The Squirrel and the Fox #35 - Anything Goes
Allsorts week 189 - Dies and Punches
Delightful - Add Hearts
CCEE 1302 - New Toys (the dies and the stamp are all new)
Crafty Creations #204 - Something New  (the dies and the stamp are all new)
 
Thanks for stopping by, come back again.
 

7 comments:

  1. Fantastic fun card Chris, love the colours. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts for my Dies & Punches challenge this week, good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  2. omgosh- this is so so cute! love all the fun peace signs & bright colors! i was born in '68 so i was little in the 70's, but i remember when my Dad brought home our first gigantic microwave LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a sixties girl myself: black and white TVs, party lines on the phone, no central heating and hence always running out of hot water!! No going upstairs on the bus because your mini skirt was too short lol!! But what a blast we had. Love your card and what a fabulous design. Thanks for the trip down memory lane!! Thank you for entering our Hearts Challenge at Delightful Challenges hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet card. Thanks so much for playing along with Delightful Challenges.
    Denise
    DDC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab, fun card! I love the bright colours! Thanks for joining in at The Squirrel and the Fox!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh, I love this flower power card! Peace, Chris! :^) Darling image, great coloring, great design! :^) Love it!
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin